The Motherhood Rollercoaster.

After a pretty shitty day with the kids, where I continually questioned my parenting (and existence) I am now in my most favourite mood... INSPIRED. I am 100% taking on board that I have been dropping the ball when it comes to parenting the girls. I know I've been trying, but everybody learns differently. I need to take the time to learn how to speak their learning language as they grow and become their own little unique people and unlock their brilliant minds. I am so proud of their big hearts and kind souls but honestly lately I've switched off. I've been so consumed with everything else thats "needs to be done" and they haven't been getting the fun and silly mum I have always worked so hard to be. 




Lately, I feel like I go to that frustrated place too quickly, constantly saying "No" and correcting them. Definitely not the mum I want to be, or the role model they deserve...
I also feel as parents we have just been going through the motions instead of ENJOYING them. They grow so fast and before I know it they'll be teens trying their best to get freedom from us! I know I always find the balance when life slows down and I don't have as much on my plate. However life hasn't slowed down for a while now and overtime I think I couldn't possibly take on anything else, that plate just gets more piled onto it. so I guess this is the new normal. 





After a solid shower think (where I get most of my inspiration) I jumped down the rabbit hole of the internet and have already found some amazing age appropriate ways to parent and educate the girls entire self without becoming a cranky no fun mum! When the girls wake in the morning we are going to have breakfast together and I am going to let them know we are on the same team and we are going to re-find our zen. With how much we love each other I know we can get to that calm place if we work together and take the time to appreciate each other. 

Comments

  1. Good to know its not just me who snaps easily....and I only have a 2 year old ��

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts